Project Spotlight: Bill Simon Field House at Principia School
The Bill Simon Field House is a new 87,000-square-foot addition to the athletic complex on Principia School's campus in Town & Country, Missouri.
The field house consists of the following:
- 31,000 square-foot 3-court gym with tennis court and indoor track
- 11,000 square-foot maple wood floor performance gym with retractable custom bleachers
- 4,500 square-foot fitness center with 2/3 rubbers sports flooring and 1/3 indoor turf
- 4,600 square-foot wrestling center overlooking the 3-court gym and indoor track
- Character Lab Classroom
- Premium locker rooms
- Athletic Training Room
- Faculty and coaching staff offices
- Conference rooms
- Outdoor patio
- Areas throughout strategically built to overlook Principia's outdoor sports fields
Helmkamp was brought in when the project was nothing more than an idea with a few requirements and asked to generate a cost opinion. Preconstruction services included conceptual estimating, GMP preparation, owner’s program development, scheduling, multiple value engineering iterations, and constructability reviews. All of which led to construction services.
The overall project was a design-bid-build collaboration between the owner, Hastings + Chivetta Architects, McClure Engineering, and Helmkamp Construction. Helmkamp's Project Manager, Logan Mitchell and Superintendent, Kevin Feldott, led the construction management efforts on site.
We're happy to share a full video tour of the completed project here:
Helmkamp adds Brandon Lange to Project Management Team