VDC Engineer in East Alton, IL
The goal of the VDC Engineer is to support preconstruction and operations as necessary through the use of BIM and coordination efforts.
- Audit and review models in Autodesk: Revit / CAD / Navisworks
- Manage / Update BIM Project Documents specific to project needs
- Produce models based on structural specifications, engineering notes, sketches and/or detailed drawings and design information according to project standards and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of large capital project proposals.
- Assist in construction management with clash detection, reporting, and verification.
- Knowledge and experience using Autodesk programs within the A/E/C collection including, but not limited to Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, etc.
- General knowledge of construction means and methods, building systems, etc.
- Ability to organize and plan around deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple models, creation of a federated model, etc. for coordination.
- Ability to lead meetings as it pertains to the duties of this position.
- Desire for self improvement through self driven continuous learning and training.
We believe it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do.