Assistant PM in East Alton, IL
The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing smaller construction projects from conception to completion and assisting their supervisor with larger projects. Ensuring they are completed in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner; and executed to owner’s contractual requirements.
- Participate in estimate reviews.
- Develop estimating capabilities either by preparing change order proposals or new proposals under supervision of your supervisor.
- Create job setups for new projects to be reviewed with your supervisor.
- Assist with securing necessary insurances &/or bonding requirements for project.
- Assist with executing project to owner’s contractual requirements.
- Participate in pre-job meetings.
- Develop overall & look ahead schedules for review with supervisor & superintendent, & for use in project.
- Assist with communication of all aspects of project with project stakeholders.
- Gather, review, & distribute submittals.
- Participate in progress meetings including scheduling, preparation of agenda & supporting documents, taking minutes, & distribution of documents.
- Prepare & manage RFI’s.
- Identify change event items throughout duration of project & prepare change requests to be reviewed with your supervisor.
- Perform month-end job cost reports & review with your supervisor.
- Gather, review, prepare, & distribute project close out documents.
- Assist supervisor &/or superintendent in documenting production information.
- Participate in post-job meetings.
- Notify supervisor of potential additional business opportunities.
- Active in the company Safety program through safety audits and attendance of monthly safety meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field.
- Knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment.
- Understanding of building blueprints and architectural designs.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Desire for self-improvement through self-driven continuous learning and training.
- A valid driver’s license.
We believe it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do.