Safety Director in East Alton, IL
The goal of the Safety Director is to lead a company safety program & culture that is built on a worker safety first focus.
- Build rapport with internal and external team members.
- Direct field safety for self-perform and subcontracted work.
- Build trust with all team members to allow open communication regarding safety.
- Manage and update internal safety database and training library.
- Perform multiple weekly site safety audits while engaging with the project team.
- Actively participate in pre-job planning.
- Develop site specific safety plans in conjunction with the project team.
- Maintain systems and data in owner compliance systems (i.e., ISNetworld & similar).
- Monitor safety trends and regulations and incorporate them into training and programs.
- Develop collaborative relationships with owner’s safety teams.
- Investigate and manage incidents and claims.
- Work with warehouse staff to ensure proper equipment is available and inspected.
- Develop and administer individual and group training.
- Prepare and lead monthly company safety meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Health, Safety Management, or safety-related degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 10 years' safety related experience.
- Working knowledge of OSHA construction regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal and group communication skills.
- Experience in industrial environments a plus.
We believe it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do.