Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist in East Alton, IL
Accounts Payable and Payroll Specialist
We offer best-in-class benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and health savings accounts; 401(k) retirement with company match; life and disability insurance; and paid time off including sick, vacation, and holidays; comprehensive training and development and career growth opportunities.
Main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for full-cycle accounts payable, including entering, coding, and processing a high volume of invoices in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure all subcontractor and purchase order invoices are applied to open commitments and work with project managers for any invoices outside the current commitment amount until final resolution.
- Process regular check runs to ensure all payments are paid timely and in accordance with established policies.
- Respond timely to inquiries from subcontractors and other vendors on outstanding payments, including following through to final resolution.
- Prepare and process union employee payroll runs.
- Handle filing as it relates to union payroll, health and welfare, and various fund contributions for union employees.
- Perform payroll tax and regular withholding filings.
- Assist with the annual filings for Helmkamp Construction Co and related parties to ensure complete, accurate, and timely filing of required information in compliance with IRS regulations.
- Minimum 3 years experience in union payroll and union reporting.
- Knowledge of construction accounts payable functions preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages.
We believe it takes great employees to build a great organization – and we’re passionate about helping our people grow professionally and embrace teamwork in everything they do.